Fluffy, sugar-free, milk-free banana cake with 2 unexpected ingredients
Want to try a delicious, new banana cake?
Then you’ll definitely want to make this one, which is topped with fluffy coconut frosting.
Best of all, you don’t need sugar, flour or milk to create this wonderful cake.
Bananas: A healthy sugar alternative
In this recipe, we skip the sugar and use four large overripe bananas and a little maple syrup instead.
Bananas are cheap and packed with nutrition — they’re an excellent source of potassium, fiber and magnesium.
Advantages of coconut oil and almond flour
Instead of butter and flour, this recipe uses gluten-free almond flour, which still contains fiber and protein. Coconut oil contains saturated fatty acids, has a high smoke point and is perfect for cooking and baking.
How to make healthy frosting
The frosting is perhaps the easiest part of this recipe because all you have to do is mix coconut cream with maple syrup.
Banana cake with coconut frosting
Time to make: 55 minutes
What you need:
4 large overripe bananas, mashed
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, plus a little more for greasing
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
For the toppings
14 ounces coconut cream
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, beat together the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until you have a light, fluffy batter.
3. In another bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and baking powder. Then beat this dry mixture into the batter.
4. Grease a pan with coconut oil. Pour in the batter and let it bake for 40 to 45 minutes. You can test it with a toothpick. If it’s dry when you remove it from the batter, the cake is ready.
5. While the cake is in the oven, you can make the frosting. Whisk together the coconut cream and maple syrup until it becomes fluffy and firm. Then set it in the refrigerator.
6. When the cake has cooled, frost it and decorate it with some banana slices. You can also put some nuts or dark chocolate on top of the cake if you want!
Sure looks good, right? I’ll definitely try this recipe in the future!
Like and share if you also want to try this banana cake with someone you know!