What causes dry skin?
- Use of creams and skin care products containing fragrance or perfumes.
- Use of soap
- Hard water
- Retinol and acne medications
- Dry air
- Zealous hand washing
How to take care of dry skin?
- Take short showers with warm water every day.
- Use mild cleanser or soap to wash face.
- Pat your skin dry after shower and moisturize your skin.
- Start taking fish oil.
- Use socks and gloves to protect your feet and palms from getting dry during the winter season.
- Use scrubs and moisturizer specially meant for dry skin.
- Use lip scrub and lip balm as lips are prone to chapping.
- Prevent yourself from winter winds, dust, and pollution
- Use sunscreen for dry skin
- If there is any skin condition like psoriasis and eczema you may be suffering from them consult a dermatologist.
What are the different steps to take care of dry facial skin?
- The first step is cleansing. After washing hands, moisten your face with warm water. Apply a cleanser and massage well to remove dirt, makeup, and Use cleanser specifically meant for dry skin to prevent stripping natural oil off your skin.
- The next step is toning. The toner will clean away any residual makeup or dirt that the cleanser could not remove. Use alcohol-free toner since you have dry skin. Use a cotton pad to apply toner on your face or pour in a misting bottle and spritz it onto your face.
- Toning is followed by exfoliating. You need to use a product meant for dry skin. Hence, skip acne skin products. Use the product whose packaging says moisturizing and soothing. Massage your skin with a scrub and leave for three to five minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply serum on your skin. Use two to three drops of serum specially formulated for dry skin and spread over your face.
- The final step is to moisturize your skin with an appropriate moisturizer with SPF for dry skin.
Have you tried the natural and herbal dry skin care tips?
- Take one spoon of milk cream and massage in the circular motion on the face and neck. Soak cotton in water. Wipe off your face with the cotton after 10 minutes.
- Soak three to four almonds in water overnight and remove the skin in the morning. Take 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and thick milk. Blend all the three ingredients together. Apply the paste on your face and scrub off after it dries out completely.
- Take two drops of almond oil or coconut oil and four drops of olive oil. Massage on your face for three to four minutes. Soak a washcloth in hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and place the cloth on your face for one minute. Rub the washcloth in a circular motion on your face to remove the pack.
- You can use banana face pack, papaya face pack and avocado face pack to treat dry skin.
- Use vitamin E enriched moisturizer at night.
- Mix three tablespoon of sugar and warm milk together to exfoliate your skin. Apply the mixture on your face and remove it by scrubbing off in a circular motion once it dries. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
What are the organic dry skin care products available on the market?
- Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ by trilogy available at $ 18.
- Brilliantly Brightening Day Cream by ACURE available for $ 13.5.
- Firm Skin Acai Moisturizer by EMINENCE ORGANICS Skin Care available at $ 40.
- HYDRATE + REPAIR with IMMORTELLE + ROSE by EARTH TU FACE available at $ 68.
- CREAM by S.W. BASICS available for $ 32.
- OVERNIGHT RECOVERY SERUM with ARGAN + EVENING PRIMROSE by Nourish ORGANIC at $ 18.
- multi-vitamin + antioxidants ultra riché PM treatment by 100% Pure available at $ 55.
- Divine Honey Rose REPLENISHING CREAM by ROSEMIRA available at $ 45.
- CALENDULA ESSENTIAL HYDRATING CREAM by NATUROPATHICA available for $ 59.