Oregano tea has been utilized for centuries all across the world. Why? Maybe because it has an abundance of healing agents and immune boosters to treat unwanted sicknesses and so much more.
Oregano Tea is known to contain compounds such as; quercetin, eriocitrin, luteolin-7-O-glucoside, apigenin-7-O-glucoside, luteolin, apigenin, and rosmarinic acid. It’s a brilliant home remedy that will have you forgetting all about the other unnatural substitutes that could be much worse for you.
Not only is the aroma of drinking a nice cup of Oregano tea delightfully soothing for the throat and pallet, it also contains a number of antioxidants to keep you healthy and your immune system charged. It’s composed of many phytonutrients such as thymol and rosmarinic acid which are known to be essential antioxidants.
Studies have even shown Oregano has a stronger impact on the body than BHT or BHA which are synthetic antioxidants that are added into foods. Not only is oregano tea packed with antioxidants to keep you healthy but studies have also shown it can lower bad cholesterol.
Yea that’s right. Just as you thought it couldn’t get any better, it did. Other studies on Oregano have concluded that it can combat cancer. It contains a certain compound by the name of, phytochemical Quercetin, which is known to slow cancer growth and also promote apoptosis.
Oregano Tea Recipe To Heal Strep Throat, Sinusitis, & Infections
- 4-6 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (organic)
- Tea Strainer
- Boil the 2 1/2 cups of water for about 10 minutes
- Add Oregano leaves and let steep for about 5 minutes
- Strain the mixture and add the honey
- Drink and Enjoy! (preferably while it’s hot to reap all of the benefits
Ways to Use Oregano Tea
- Coughs, headaches, bronchial problems, swollen glands
- Depression, flu, head lice, warts, and athlete’s foot.
- Eczema, ear infection, sprains, colds, and back pain.
- Lyme disease, colitis / gastrointestinal disorders, canker sores, E. coli – and try it for whatever ails you.
- Indigestion, excess gas, bloating, urinary problems
- Allergies, burns, bleeding, fatigue.
- Constipation, parasites, fungus