This quick and easy coconut ice cream is as simple as open, pour, stir, blend, chill, churn and devour. As long as you can use a can opener, you can be chowing down on fresh vegan coconut ice cream in a matter of hours. Perfect for those of you who have written to me bemoaning the fact that you will never crack open a coconut! The only trouble with this ice cream is learning how to stop at one scoop! It is absolutely delicious.
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
1. Chill the coconut milk cans in the fridge overnight.
2. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Run the mixture through an ice cream machine as per instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, place in the freezer in a large container and freeze until firm (approximately 4 hours), removing every hour to whisk with a fork.
This article is reproduced with full permission from MindBodyGreen. DO not republish without seeking and obtaining your own permission first.
Author, Mariana is a Certified Health Coach and Yoga Instructor. Mariana specializes on helping busy professionals balance nutrition, fitness and lifestyle goals by looking at how all areas of their life are connected. She believes that eating can be flexible, fun and rewarding.