You might want to grab a pencil and paper or a calculator for this math trick:
1. Choose a number from 1 to 9 (number = a):
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2. Multiply your number by 2.
a x 2
3. Add 5 to your result.
(a x 2) + 5
4. Multiply the result by 50.
((a x 2) + 5) x 50
5. If you’ve had a birthday this year, add 1767.
If you haven’t, add 1766.
6. Subtract the year of your birth from the result.
7. You should get a three-figure number.
The first figure is the number you chose initially, and the other two are your age.
Well? Were your results accurate? If not, be sure you did the math correctly.
Can you figure out why this trick works every time? If not, you could always enlist some help to puzzle it out. Or, you can indulge your mind and let it continue to ponder. Sometimes the thrill makes it worth not knowing!
Try this math trick out on your friends and family—it’s great for parties and other social gatherings!
Pages: 1 2