Morrisons have just made a huge announcement regarding recalling a brand of meat over fears it could cause meningitis.
The supermarket giant have sent out a recall on a type of beef, due to concerns it could lead to sickness and the life threatening illness, meningitis.
The supermarket has urgently requested a recall on their 150g of peppered beef slices, after the Food Standards Agency believe they could be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes.
This bug apparently causes flu-like symptoms and even meningitis in extreme cases, leaving the elderly, pregnant women, children and babies most at risk.
A range of nasty symptoms brought on by infected meat can cause high temperatures, muscular aches, chills, sickness and diarrhoea.
The ready-to-eat slices do have a use-by date of February 21st, the Sunreports, but the FSA strongly advise you do not eat it.
If you have bought the above product, do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.
Somewhat reassuringly, this is the only type of meat in danger of inducing illness stocked in the Morrisons stores, with no other items having been reported at risk.
Disturbingly, this news has come about after it recently emerged one in four slaughterhouses failed in taking hygiene measures to prevent infected meat reaching supermarkets.
This worryingly means there is currently a greater chance of people contracting E coli among other life-threatening diseases.
A spokesperson for Morrisons said:
Our routine testing has identified the presence of low levels of Listeria in this product. We are asking all customers who have bought this Use By date of this product not to consume it and to return it to their nearest Morrisons store where they will receive a full refund.
Well this is just the news you want to hear when you’re about to tuck into a Sunday roast.
I might go for the veggie option.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.